The current outbreak of coronavirus disease, also known as COVID-19 was first reported from China (Wuhan) on December 31, 2019. On March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) has declared COVID-19 as a pandemic due to “the alarming levels of spread and severity, and by the alarming levels of inaction.”
The first confirmed case was reported in Nepal on January 23, 2020, (an adult male aged 32 who had returned from Wuhan, China). As of April 29, 2020, there are 57 cases of Nepal, 16 have recovered and there is no deaths. For the most updated information on the national confirmed cases, deaths, recovery and other information, please click this link.
- World Health Organisation (WHO) COVID-19 Pandemic
- Johns Hopkins University – Coronavirus Resource Center
- Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Ministry of Health and Population (Nepal): Coronavirus Information
- Health Emergency Operation Center (HEOC), Nepal: COVID-19
- Epidemiology and Disease Control Division (Nepal)